Friday, November 26, 2010

...giving Thanks

Let it be known-Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday- because the focus of this day revolves around two of my most favorite things 1) Family and 2) Food! I happen to be particularly lucky because I not only love my family but I like them, too. and the majority of them happen to be pretty dang good cooks- so its a win- win by my account!
I guess this is my proclamation-making it known that I am damn blessed. I have siblings that give me hell and love all at the same time, friends that offer support equal to the air I breathe, incredible parents that gave all of us 5-Rods the best gift ever (in addition to life)- love, work ethic and self-confidence, delightful grandparents that make/made us feel special always, and a huge network of aunts, uncles and cousins- and step-siblings, and significant-others- that make things sparkle.
A couple of years ago I heard a very interesting report on NPR, stating that after your immediate needs are met; ie: food, shelter, clothing- the amount of wealth above meeting these basic needs is of no relevance to ones happiness. I mention this to make no moral or political statement- because I love things and fine things nonetheless probably more than anyone- its more or less interesting to me- because I have thought about this from time to time- and mirrored it to my own life situations and have found it to be so true. A little nugget for you to ponder perhaps.




No comments:

Post a Comment