Wednesday, July 7, 2010

June 28

Whew- finally did it! I just purchased my ticket for Italy. So un-nerving….it sounds stupid- I know. I tend to think of myself as this sophisticated person willing to try anything, but when it comes down to it I am afraid to leave my familiar surroundings. But there is more to it than that. I recently resigned my somewhat prestigious Executive Director position to pursue my dreams and my passion…and along with so many others that seem to be fleeing to Italy, now home to the “weary-heart refugees”, I am in the throws of a complicated relationship break-up or stay-together dilemma. A drama I never foresaw and am reluctant to admit I have been subject to. I am in uncharted territory in so many ways, that leaving the familiar creates a sort of anxiety. But to hell with it - off to Italy to clear my mind and eat divine food for complete nourishment, respite of the soul and all the other things us fool hearted romantics dream of.

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy every minute of Italy.....drink it into your soul! I have no doubt that it will be a most memorable trip for you. This year has been full of changes and new experiences... So take the opportunity to spread your wings and fly....soar into the world that awaits you. I'm so happy for you, honey. I look forward to hearing all about your Italian adventure!! XOXO Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you many spiritual, enlightening and nourishing experiences on many levels. I trust this journey will take you exactly where you should be. I am so excited to hear of your travels! We will miss you but are happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear more about the trip. You are such a wonderful writer, can't wait to read more.
    Chow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have do doubts that as soon as the wheels are down on that plane you will be running. Please enjoy yourself, but don't forget to play it safe. Your fan from the land of 98674 is standing at home plate cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica ! We miss you already!! When is your next post!? Remember to check out Bernini! Lots of love to you... Please come back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried posting a couple of times but dial up is so slow....we miss you so much but just relax and take it all in. Forget about your worries and just worry about Italy and the great shopping and food you will enjoy. Miss you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning my dear - you are waking up and I am just calling it a day. Rome-time dialed into 'the phone'. Thinking of you ~ hug

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey - girlfriend,
    Thanks for the Commodore Hotel Astoria postcard that you drafted & mailed from my favorite place - Maine. Your thoughtfulness puts a :) on my face. The card is now my official bookmark for the genetics textbook. I think of you often ~ love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. To all of my lovely friends-
    I love you all so much. These words sound pathetic in comparison to how strongly I feel for you. I appreciate your support and friendship more than words can justify.

    As they say over here- "Ciao Ciao!"

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Erica, I miss you! It sounds like you are having a great time and I am sure that you are squeezing the most out of each day. Where are you off to now? I hope that you are taking lots of pictures so that you can give me the low down when you get back home.

    Love you lots and looking forward to being with you again,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking and reading about your trip.. how wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erica, you said it all. Beautifuly done my friend ~ j

    ReplyDelete