Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Verona Part Two


Verona is incredibly beautiful with a river snaking around the city’s wall, acting as a natural moat, and with maddening small city streets, and outlying tranquil hillsides make it a perfect place for someone to carry out a few relaxing days. Not only was Verona the host for one of my most memorable scenes, the opera, it also is the home to one of the most fabulous vintage shops ever, called Celine. French born Celine moved to Italy 20 plus years ago to be with her Dutch husband. Somewhere during the timeline they moved to Florida where Celine worked in a high end second hand store. She decided when they moved back to Italy that she was going to do the same thing but better. I am sure she succeeded in her goal because I was beyond delighted. Celine’s is a treasure trove of splendid jewels. The store is packed with fabulous labels such as Chanel, Dolce & Gabanna, Marni, and just about any luxury clothing label you can imagine, she has it. I spent an entire afternoon with Celine and her husband, Paul. They encouraged me to stay as long as I liked, and indeed I did. I spent hours inspecting and trying on the delicious offerings, and left with satisfaction and my wardrobe a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment