Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1st Quarter Ice Cream Report Card

The people closest to me know there is nothing that gets between me and my ice cream. This simple dessert is a staple in my diet. I'm not a one flavor girl- I am always tempting new delights in the frozen custard isle, shop and in my own kitchen. Recently I took home two new tries of Haggen Dazs (I also brought home one-tried and true-java chip)- I of course unveiled each one promptly and took a spoon to them. I am here to say- Rum Raisin is awesome. So sad- I have been missing out on it for so many years. It always seemed like such a matured and old person kind of ice cream- what with the hint of liquor and dried fruit- but I gotta tell you throw that notion away if you ever have shared it with me. The truth is this flavor is sophisticated- but not stuffy. The other flavor I perused is Amaretto Almond Crunch- not as good as my other new find- but good. It had too much crunchy sugary crystals in it for this CG.
To sum up: Haggen Dazs Rum Rasin: A+
Haggen Dazs Amaretto Almond Crunch-B

2 comments:

  1. you need to try a little ice cream shop in bellingham called mallards, i am a big fan of icecream and thiers is top notch by a long shot, i have even had it packed in dry ice and shipped here before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are such a loyal follower to the things you love! I remember your story about your beloved Mallards....and I thought of you when I was writing this- expecting some kind of response to a common love.

    ReplyDelete