Sunday, January 2, 2011

make it two- and take heed

Moments ago I discovered yet another doll in the Rosca.....this means two things- One I am to host another party (now it is mandated that I issue two- with my finding of the two little alien plastic white figures I have discovered buried within the layers of feathery bread) and Two- I am consuming a humorously lot of pan dulce (sweet bread)!!

With the envelope of another year just being opened- and it already evident how people are eager to jump inside it- and shed all of their perceived transgressions against their body- it provokes me to share a burning sentiment I hold very close to my heart. I have a philosophy in regard to food and one you can stitch into your shirt and apply to all facets of life. Do not deny yourself things you enjoy....it is a sure fire way to fall flat on your face. Deprivation to oneself is down right absurd. Of course you have to always reckon if your indulgence is physically or morally abrasive to you and your character. This in check- you are only doing damage to yourself. A healthy sense of self-pampering is the best way to assure self-confidence and in turn be able to give of yourself better. Once you allow yourself the freedom to enjoy- you are sure to find you will need less of whatever you are desiring. Guilt produces the most disgusting of recourse. Be free.

Understand that my strong feelings on this subject have not come with an innate understanding of the matter. I constantly battle my own demons on this front- and are ones I will constantly have to fight to be the champion of. It is the sum of my own experiences that I can defend my thoughts with this quantity of passion and righteousness.

Food is the window in which so many observations can be made- that billow away from the true subject- the nourishment that one puts into their mouth and consequently ones body- and manifests itself dawning light on the kind of people we truly are, our habits, our temperament and our view of the world and the people in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment