Thursday, January 20, 2011

what's not to love?

I am a destination type person. I am not particularly willing to go out on a jog or engage in something physically exhilarating for the journey alone. I am motivated by what is awaiting me at the end and almost always this involves at the minimum coffee. Currently I am basking in my annual trip to Park City, Utah to enjoy the company of friends and take in the infamous Sundance Film Festival. One of the many things I hands down adore about this city is its extensive trail system. The system meanders through fields all the way from Park City to Salt Lake- its amazing. The trails serve walkers, joggers and cross country skiers alike. I am a cross country ski fan so I packed mine this year; along with a tremendously huge suitcase- leaving my hosts wondering if I am ever going to go home; with the intention of working off a bit of that pan dulce I brought back with me from Mexico! Since arriving I have several times slapped on my skis and voyaged out on the snowy white ocean of snow. The trail of my liking is part of the Snyderville Basin recreation district. The luxury and allure of this particular stint of the trail is that it meanders directly behind my hosts' house and takes you past one of the famous white barns dotted along Highway 224 and drops you right into Redstone- the yuppy little retail center where there is a Whole Foods, several restaurants and a coffee roaster. So my daily excursion takes me to my favorite destination point- coffee and pastry. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment