Wednesday, December 29, 2010

a very important day

Some days you measure worth by mere accomplishment and others you measure by the quality of your consumption. Today was one of those days where both factors merged into one. Today was Chile Relleno day! I had been waiting all week for this culinary pleasantry! Today was blocked out on the social calendar for this single item. Cati- my aunt's right hand lady, scored a home run on these babies- we had the traditional- queso (cheese) filled, and a picadillo (ground meat with Cati's own sophistication of pine nuts, raisins)..all of course served with hot corn tortillas- oh my...I was over the moon. Even though Cati and I have a language barrier between us, I do believe we have an understanding of hearts. I think she quietly enjoys the gusto in which I adore eating...I do believe she finds a certain level of satisfaction when I not only clean up my plate but ask for seconds- a trait I inherited from my Pops!

After this divine entree, much to my delight, I was taken down memory lane- Cati surprised us with fried plantains and her cream sauce....I have yet to have them ever as good since my last visit- which as mentioned prior was a long time ago!

Yep- I am one happy chica!





(reveling in the loveliness of plantains and cream sauce-
and being a little bit of a smart aleck in my dad's direction as he has been craving them just as long as I)

No comments:

Post a Comment