Friday, December 31, 2010

i guess its party time!

We broke into our Rosca de Reyes early. This is a traditional egg bread that is formed in a huge ring- it is covered in a dusting of sugar and dried fruit and is served for New Years Eve and New Years- and it can be found all throughout the Christmas Season. It is reminiscent of challah and cardamon bread- a yeast bread with hints of sweetness. As I was devouring my chunk of this lovely treat my fingers treaded across a little plastic figure. The plastic figure is hidden inside the bread and is representative of the baby Jesus, and the one that gets the doll in their piece of the bread is the baby Jesus' god-parent and is supposed to throw a party for His christening. My piece was the one in which the little doll was hidden......so I guess I'll just have to throw a party!! ......As if I needed an excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment